Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where is Faith Evans?????


Where in the world is my girl Faith Evans? I have not heard from her since she dropped the CD "The First Lady" in 2005. I have been a big fan of hers since she first came out in 1995. Just a wee bit disappointed that she doesn't have the same noteriety as Mary J. Blige.


Faith has been quoted saying that her family comes first, and I don't knock that at all, but I am pretty sure the family needs to eat. I don't see Todd doing too much. Oh, I forgot he is a "music producer." It seems that in between records, she disappears.


She had a baby recently, and that may contribute this time to her being out of the limelight, but what about the other times she has failed keep in touch with her fan base? Unfortunately, it is too late for Faith.


You have out there girls that are younger and do tours (Keyshia Cole comes to mind), willing to keep their names in everyone's mouths. I am just concerned that by the time Faith does decide to come back out, she will have to start all over again regaining her fanbase. Which after 30 is hard to do. Damn, just in 2005 she started doing tours and singing live for pete's sake!!!


Faith is strictly a studio artist, no kind of stage presence, as I have heard her live, and although the sista can blow, she lacks that something special that makes folks pay to see you perform. I actually yawned, and she was off key.


Rumor has it she is due to release another CD in 2008 and has alot of strong producers on it. Let's hope this time she learns to properly promote the CD.

No comments: